A brand new day for Maiveos
In order to start a new day with Maiveos, I have decided to use my questionable pixel art skill to remake the title screen which will appear in the next Pre-Alpha update. Mikix has made a title screen before he left but I decided its is best to change the composition and overall look so it is relevant with the theme of the game. Mikix's original title (below) has been included here as a reference.
Moving on, this post is intended for dev updates so here is a list of stuff I have been working on in the past week:
- Optimized Magesa Temple framerates. Notes: We were getting frame rate iussues due to gpu being overloaded with redundant surface redraws.
- Resolved screen tearing issue.
- Optimized SFX constructor.
- Added option to SFX particle destroy on instance destroy.
- Added flame sprite and animation. Created SFX for bon fire.
- Added two new objects: standing torch and camp fire and point source
- Optimized AI codes and AI Intelligence.
- Added Magic attack to AI codes.
- Tweaked Tide Warrior AI codes.
- Upgraded healthbar and objectives UI
- Updated Title screen text image.
- Modified the Explosion FX to include Screenshake and Flash.
- Added new Lozregs Portrait and Character Animation sprites.
- Added Torch Hand held object.
- Added Explosive bottle object.
You will notice in the list I have been creating several more sprites for the cinematic experience and doing a ton of code improvements.
Being a game developer is no easy task especially when a game requires multiple media formats and a great deal of talent in order to make a successful game. I have experienced people leaving the group due to personal, family, and financial reasons so its not really a big deal with me even if the project lead decides to give up. Anyway, stay tune for the next Pre-Alpha update because Magesa Temple will be available by then.
Get Maiveos - The Mask of Acknowledgement
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.